At Yonge and Davisville Denture Clinic, we offer implant-retained dentures as a functional and cosmetic option to replace lost teeth. Implant-retained dentures can restore your smile and feel more like natural teeth than traditional dentures. They’ll also stay more secure in your mouth.
What Are Implant-Retained Dentures?
Implant-retained dentures, sometimes called snap-on dentures, are an alternative to traditional dentures to replace missing teeth. They consist of two parts:
- Screws, which a dental surgeon will implant into your jaw prior to your appointment with us
- The denture, which will snap onto the screws
Unlike traditional dentures, implant-retained dentures don’t require denture adhesive to stay in place. Instead, they are attached to your jaw using the implants as a support structure, much like your natural teeth relied on a root.
Some snap-on implant-retained dentures can be removed from the anchoring screws for easy cleaning, while others are permanent. However, even permanent implant-retained dentures will need to be replaced after around 7 to 8 years.
The Benefits of Snap-On Dentures
While implant-retained dentures tend to cost slightly more upfront and require oral surgery from a dentist to place the implant screws, they offer a long list of benefits over traditional dentures, many of which can have a drastic impact on your quality of life. Some of the most notable advantages of opting for implant-retained dentures include:
- More secure: Snap-on dentures come loose far less often than traditional dentures when speaking or eating—even when eating sticky or chewy foods.
- Less hassle: As you won’t need to struggle with adhesive and may not even have to remove your implant-retained dentures, they are generally easier to use, and many users find them more comfortable as well. They cause less gum friction.
- Can promote jawbone health: Some patients need a bone graft during the implant process, but even without a graft, snap-on dentures stimulate the jawbone in a manner similar to natural teeth, which often stops bone density loss.
If you’re still not sure if implant-retained dentures are right for you, have questions, or would like to learn more about your options for tooth replacement in Toronto, feel free to get in touch with our team. We’re always happy to help.
Why Choose Yonge and Davisville Denture Clinic?
At Yonge and Davisville Denture Clinic, we strive to offer the highest-quality implant-retained dentures in the Toronto area. Our denturist, Heikki Pellikka, has over four decades of experience and approaches denture creation with fine attention to detail and a compassionate hand. He’ll take the time to make sure that your new snap-on dentures are comfortable and feel as much like your natural teeth as possible.
To get started with a consultation for implant-retained dentures in Toronto, reach out to our team at 647-578-7412, or you can stop by and visit our dental office in person at 1849 Yonge St. Unit 802, Toronto, ON.