If one or more of your natural teeth are missing, speaking or eating can become difficult. You may also experience several debilitating dental conditions, such as tooth sensitivity or grinding.
The remaining teeth in your mouth may shift to fill the gap, resulting in supporting bone density loss and complications affecting the gum tissue, jaws, and facial muscles. In severe cases, missing teeth can change the shape of your face and your overall appearance.
At Yonge & Davisville Denture Clinic, we offer partial dentures as a solution for missing teeth. Partial dentures replace one or more missing teeth, supporting your dental structures, such as bone and muscle, and keeping your oral health and function in check.
What Are Partial Dentures?
Dentures are removable dental appliances serving as replacement teeth. Two types exist: full dentures and partial dentures.
You need full or complete dentures if you have no teeth and need a complete natural teeth replacement. A full set can either be immediate or conventional dentures, depending on whether the patient needs functioning teeth while their gums heal. We place the immediate type of denture directly after teeth removal.
The use of partial dentures requires the loss of one or more teeth in an arch. If you are not a candidate for dental implants or dental bridges, partial dentures may be the ideal solution to replace missing teeth and help you chew and talk normally.
Types of Partial Dentures
- Flexible Partial Dentures: Patients who are allergic to acrylic need a flexible set of dentures featuring natural-looking clasps and a comfortable fit. We often recommend flexible partial dentures as a temporary option while you wait for the tissue to heal.
- Cast Metal Frame Dentures: Conventional partial dentures feature a custom metal framework that serves as the foundation for aesthetic precision attachments and permanent replacement teeth.
- Acrylic Clasp Partial Dentures: This option is the most affordable option for people who need a temporary solution. The denture features removable acrylic clasps to keep the appliance in place.
To determine which denture type is best for you, schedule a dental examination at our dental offices in Toronto.
The Benefits of Dentures
- Developing and placing dentures is a quick and noninvasive procedure
- Partial dentures fully restore the appearance and function of your teeth
- Dentures look normal and will increase your self-confidence
- Placing dentures provide support to your facial muscles, jawbone, and gum tissue
- Dentures are easy to remove and clean
- Wearing dentures is comfortable and allow you to eat all types of food
- The majority of dental insurance plans cover full and partial dentures
At Yonge & Davisville Denture Clinic, we provide our patients with a custom dental service to restore their dental appearance, function, and health. To schedule an appointment at our Toronto office, give us a call at 416-485-0067.